The Egyptian National Food Safety Authority (NFSA) has announced that it has added meat as a new regulated product under its conformity assessment programme.
Following a recent NFSA announcement, a new product category has been added to the regulated products list:
- Meat and meat products
As a trusted partner of Egypt, Cotecna is approved by the NFSA to perform conformity assessment for this newly regulated product category.
As a reminder, please find below the entire list of regulated Food and Food Contact products for which we can help you obtain a Certificate of Inspection (COI):
- Milk and dairy products
- Preserved and dried fruits
- Oils and fats
- Sugar confectionery
- Chocolate and food preparations containing cocoa
- Fruit Juice
- Natural, mineral, and soda water
- Nutritional dough and foods prepared from grains, oilseeds, and their derivatives
- Meat and its products
- Food Contact Tools
- Production Inputs (Includes raw materials, intermediate goods, additives, flavouring agents, processing aids)
NB: Other food products not listed above are still subject to certification requirements under other programmes for which Cotecna can assist you as well, please contact your nearest Cotecna office to learn more.