29 July 2016
Egyptian Ministerial Decree No.992/2015
If you are planning to export to the Arab Republic of Egypt, it is first of all necessary to register the factories producing the merchandise listed in Decree 991 / 2015. The registration application must be submitted by a legal representative of the factory or the trade mark owner - or any other person appointed by either of them. The following certified documents are required in support of your application:
- A copy of the factory license;
- A certificate of the legal entity of the factory and its range of products;
- The product trade mark and all trade marks produced under the license
provided by the trademark owner;
- A certificate stating that the factory is implementing the necessary quality control systems,
environmental regulations, international labor law regulations and related treaties. This certificate shall be issued by a recognized institution accredited by the
International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) or by an Egyptian or foreign
government body approved by the Ministry of Foreign Trade;
- A list of the factories manufacturing under the trademark, in case the application is submitted by the trade mark owner;
- Acknowledgment from the factory of the technical inspection to ensure the compliance with
Environmental, health & safety regulations and to provide all the required
assistance during this procedure.
This Decree was signed by Eng.Tarik Kabila, Egyptian Minister of Trade & Industry and dated 30 December 2015.
The original version of the Decree in Arabic is available here. If you would like to receive more information on the Decree or its application, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Back to News