15 August 2016
Egyptian Ministerial Decree No. 43 / 2016 on the Registration of Foreign Factories
All eligible exporters to Egypt – i.e. factories, companies, trademark owners - of any of the products listed below, shall be registered with the General Organization for Export and Import Control (GOEIC).
The commercial imports shall not be accepted unless they are produced in the registered factories, or come from trademark-owning companies or distribution centers that are registered in this record.
Registration or cancelation shall be solely established by a decree from the Minister of Foreign Trade. In fact, please keep in mind that the final decision on whether a registration is accepted or rejected depends entirely on GOEIC and the Minister of Trade.
In order to be registered in the mentioned record, the following documents must be provided and Cotecna can help you gather all of them:
The Registration form submitted by the legal representative of the factory, or whomever he delegates, or his agent supported by the following authenticated documents:
- A certificate proving the legal identity of the factory and the license issued for it.
- A list of products of the factory and its trademarks.
- The product trademark and the trademarks produced under license from their owners.
- An official statement that the factory applies a quality control system issued by a recognized entity which is certified by one of the accredited bodies from the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC), or the International Accreditation Forum (IAF), or an Egyptian or Foreign governmental entity approved by the Minister of Foreign Trade.
For trademark-owning companies
The Registration form submitted by the legal representative of the company or the trademark owner, or whomever he delegates, or his agent supported by the following authenticated documents:
- A certificate with the trademark registration and the products produced under it.
- A certificate from the trademark-owning company listing the names of the distribution centers allowed to supply these trademark products.
- A certificate that the trademark-owning company applies a quality control system issued by a recognized body which is certified by one of the organizations accredited by the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC), or the International Accreditation Forum (IAF), or an Egyptian or Foreign governmental entity approved by the Minister of Foreign Trade.
In case of doubt about the validity of the introduced documents, the registration will be accepted only upon confirmation.
List of products that can be imported only if produced in the registered factories:
- Milk and milk products
- Preserved and dried fruits
- Oils and fats
- Sugar confectionaries
- Chocolates and food products containing cocoa
- Pastas and cereal foods, bread products and pastries
- Fruit juices
- Natural and mineral water and aerated water
- Beauty and make-up products, preparations for oral or dental hygiene, personal deodorants and antiperspirants, perfumed preparations
- Soap and washing preparations used as soap
- Cutlery and kitchen utensils
- Baths, shower baths, sinks, wash basins, bidets, lavatory pans, toilet seats and covers
- Toilet paper and similar, baby and sanitary napkins
- Refractory bricks, blocks, tiles for household use
- Tableware glass articles
- Iron and steel bars and rods
- Household electrical appliances (stoves, fryers, air conditioners, fans, washing machines, blenders and heaters
- Home and office furniture
- Bicycles, motorcycles and vehicles with auxiliary motors
- Lightening equipment for household use
- Textiles, clothing, carpets, blankets, furnishing fabrics
- Floor coverings
This Decree was signed by Eng.Tarik Kabila, Egyptian Minister of Trade & Industry and dated 30 December 2015.
The original version of the Decree in Arabic is available here. If you would like to receive more information on the Decree or its application, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Back to News